Thursday, November 4, 2010

in sleepy town






Pictured above: One of Tara-Lynn's deliciously soft cowls, the Belleville Shawl and the familiar round these parts  Carlington Scarf. See more incredibly cozy knits here.

A couple months ago I received a glorious delivery of lovingly crafted knits from Canadian knitter and constant source of inspiration, Tara-Lynn. I've been meaning to make a post sharing this bundle but have found myself rather swamped this past month with various (exciting) duties in preparation for TLO's lingerie launch! Today we completed our hunt for the perfect fabrics in downtown Los Angeles and promptly began plotting our launch party(ies). If you are a Los Angeles lady and don't mind modeling in your skivvies please let me know! I'd love to set up an appointment with you this friday in our Altadena showroom (I will feed you mini chocolate bars, assorted fancy nuts, something with cheese and coffee).

Alright friends, the allergy pill that I took after greedily filling myself with said miniature chocolate bars is taking it's toll and I'm starting to make up words. I promise one day I'll write a post of true substance and not just a post containing brief updates and a promise of better posts to come. I'm the shopping mall Santa of the blogging world. Full of empty promises and allergy medication. I see a kitty is coming to visit me and that is most definitely my cue to get off of here and enter kitty dreamland.

(ps. I believe it was 100 today, which may also account for my abnormal sluggishness, can you imagine? 100 in November? Well, when I was a little girl there was often snow in the first week of November! Granted, I was living significantly north of my present location. See this? wondrous allergy medication at work, turning me into your grandpa.)

27 comments:

  1. Hehe grampa hannah, congratulations on the lingerie project success!
    your posts make me laugh so much :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah! we are buddies via The Loved One on facebook & I'm so happy to have finally dug into your blog, it's an absolute dreaaam! I'm an LA girl, but alas I'm short & curvey so modeling is not exactly my forte! However, my momma & I work in custom clothing production so if you're ever in need of production or sample making feel free to give me a holler :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrr, it's so cold here I'm a) lusting after dem knits and b) jealous of your 100° weather! Good luck on your opening soirée, if I lived in the area I would certainly drop by if only to have, you know, cheese and coffee. My favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your lighter hair,

    reminding me of how cold I am right now, gotta find some chunky knits too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah such perfect looking knits, your blog is just so fab too! so glad ive stumbled upon it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the last photo is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sneak peeks we get at your house - it looks so perfectly light and airy with those huge windows and draped windows..

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so effing gorgeous & those knits all look wonderful on you. :)


    http://devorelebeaumonstre.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the lingerie I cant wait to see the final product of all your work, oh and I hope your allergies better I know how bad that can feel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello lady, i am in l.a. and better yet... very close to altadena! i'd love to come by!!! email me pinkstrawberrysam@yahoo.com

    you make all these knits look sooooo yummy!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. so exciting about tlo! good luck with everything!

    you curl your hair in absolutely the best way ever, by the by. and your writing always makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see TLO's lingerie line~ I'm such a lingerie junkie, so it's definitely something I'm looking forward to! Also, I love these photographs -so classically beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! This knitwear looks so cosy xx ps enjoy the kitty visit

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm a fan of all your photos but these are my favorites in awhile. such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I so wish I was in LA right now. I can't wait to see your creations and hopefully I'll be able to afford a few!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ccan't wait for the collection! I must have something from it. I'm forever drooling over the pictures for how lovely and vintage inspired the pieces are! Love these knits too! They suit you so perfectly and I love the way you photograph them!
    Your world looks so dreamy :D

    Ayesha x

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha your funny. let me know when the ny launch party will be! i wouldn't mind modeling if you need it. or i can just attend and support!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tara-Lynn really creates such dreamy pieces!! The little hooded shawl is gorgeous.

    I can't wait for the launch of your collection!

    xx
    Maria
    Lulu Letty

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi babe!
    this post is wonderful, the photos you guys took are so amazing, please say we can do this again sometime? i loved getting the photos & having no idea, just knowing how perfect they would be. xo can't wait for your line!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Hannah! I was just wondering - how old are you?

    Love, Liva

    http://livasblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how lovely wrigglin' warm! Even better when your cool weather wraps are made by friends! It's like a hug, I like to think.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in love with those first two photos (and the other ones as well). the colours and the softness of them are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. so so beautiful, Hannah.
    Just looking at these photos make me feel all warm and cozy.
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want to be you in all of these pictures! I love everything about them.
    ~Caitlin

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! I do my best to respond to all of your thoughtful comments on your blogs, I apologize in advance if this is not always done in the most timely manner! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails