Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Libertine

I realize it's been ages since I made an inspiration post on here. (I think, since starting a Tumblr, this blog has been much more "own content" and erm, me related then it once was, for which I apologize.)

The Libertine is a silly movie from 1968 about an extraordinarily fashionable young widow exploring her sexuality (involves beetles, whips, chains, mud and piggy back rides). Every outfit in this movie is perfection (I had to watch it twice just to make sure the first time I wasn't being erroneously blown away due to a nyquil induced sleep happy state and also to screenshot like crazy) and the lead actress is a total bambi. Let's review! 

The Libertine

This is the first outfit we see her in, it's her funeral attire. In this scene we learn that she's not exactly despondent at her husband's untimely death and is more interested in the funeral food spread. The collar/hat detail made my eyes bulge, too good! The dress was a little babydoll.

The Libertine

The Libertine

The Libertine

In this scene she discovers her husband's secret sex pad. She coincidentally matches sex pad. Usually I'm opposed to headwear resembling a newsboy cap but this hat/cape combo really does it for me.

The Libertine

After learning that her husband was into sexy things (that she was not involved in) she purchases a book on sexual psychology. This is just one of many lounge outfits she has. I too have lounge outfits but am clearly lacking in the hair accessory department. Need to start styling my hair to match my loungewear.

The Libertine

One of the first things she reads about is shoe fetishes, she imagines her tennis partner drinking out of a shoe. (She's wearing a really cute scalloped tennis outfit in this scene that I forgot to capture because I too was distracted by the shoe drinking.)

The Libertine

She invites the (imagined) shoe drinker back to the sexpartment and then takes off her false eyelashes ("What are you doing?" "Undressing") After they do "it" she changes into a glamorous dressing gown with a fur wrap. She then hops into an enormous closet and changes back into her pleated skirt and blouse. This scene moved too fast to screenshot but I did grab this shot of a shoe. Maybe I am the shoe drinker.

The Libertine

I can't remember what happens in this scene but I do know that it ends with her adding a lipstick question mark to the "men" sign. Look at that hat! Those gloves! That yellow. Oh man.

The Libertine

This hairstyle looks like dog ears and I like it. I think he does not.

(The rest after the cut because, boobs)




The Libertine

Her friend Claudia shows off her beetle necklace. This is usually how I show off my jewelry to pals too.

The Libertine

Her very generous friend gives her the beetle necklace. She wears it while reading the chapter on bestiality and chastises the beetle for being a bad lover "you can only tickle". The beetle is alive!

The Libertine

Well hello there big bow.

The Libertine

This is the scene where she meets the man of her dreams and wears a big hat while naked. May also wear a big hat for my next trip to the gynecologist.

The Libertine

Another brilliant loungewear outfit. I wish I had a clearer shot of this cos oh man, is it ever perfect.

The Libertine

Looking scholarly. This might be the ultimate dream outfit.

The Libertine

Just realized that I haven't got a white button up shirt OR a black tie.

The Libertine

Here she is impressing the doctor with her brain powers. (And bold fashion statements?)

The Libertine

The white coat was super cute but then she took it off and this was underneath! That scoop! The patterned blouse! The perfect bun!

The Libertine

Apparently pantone announced that Tangerine was the colour of the year. I feel that pantone. Riding hats seem like a reasonable idea when you're as accident prone as I am.

The Libertine

She learns that her sexy feelings come from piggy back rides. She pretends to sprain her ankle while enjoying the countryside for a ride from the handsome doctor.

The Libertine

In an attempt to prove "what kind of woman she is" she chucks her clothing roadside. This confused me, I think it confused her too.

The Libertine

This is another confusing scene where he spanks her while shouting "when will you marry me Mimi?" I would have said never?

The Libertine

But he turns out to be a nice husband because he understands that all she really wants is to ride him around like a horse.

The Libertine

This is their honeymoon.

The Libertine

Happy feelings (and trails). This goes on forever (even outside, and up the stairs!)

& Since you made it this far...

SALE_2

Yay! 

2 comments:

Hello Friends! I do my best to respond to all of your thoughtful comments on your blogs, I apologize in advance if this is not always done in the most timely manner! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails