Friday, August 17, 2012

Alima Pure

testing Alima Pure

R1-08930-0002

R1-08930-0005

A few weeks ago I recieved a bundle of face goodies from Alima Pure, a cosmetic company that has quickly become my favourite. Their products come in a wonderfully thorough colour palette and their website is chock-full of helpful application tips.

I've put together a little photobooth tutorial after the cut using the make-up they sent and sharing a bit about my personal beauty routine!




1. After cleansing with Fresh Soy Cleanser I apply Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel and then moisturize with Weleda Wild Rose Day Cream. And then I smell like a lovely lovely rose face. The rose petal witch hazel is probably my favourite beauty product of all time. I keep a bit of it in a spritzer bottle to spray my face throughout the day when I feel like waking up again.


2. Next I conceal. I conceal the Friday Night Lights marathon under my eyes (Tim Riggins, this is for you) and the hormonal treasure on my chin. I'm using my Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation in Neutral 0 but I would suggest investigating their concealer.


3. Using my Alima Pure Foundation Brush I apply my foundation in small circular movements. Both the brush and the foundation are pretty dreamy (so soft). I can't tell you how exciting (and overwhelming) it was to have so many shades available to pick from! I generally just buy the lightest available but there was such a variety of choice I felt like a kid in a candy shop. I'm still testing out a few different shades but I think I will in future order Neutral 1 or 2.


4. Next, using the same brush like a rebel, I apply Alima Pure Satin Matte Blush in Apricot. When I was in Make-Up school I was taught to pick blushes that match the tip of your finger. This colour is pretty darn close.


5. The Alima Pure eyeshadow collection is out of control! I ended up picking the Pearluster Eyeshadow in Ballerina.


6. I wear cat eyes every day. Sometimes I try to go without but I can't. I love it, I'm hopelessly addicted to it. I should just get a tattoo of it. I use Maybelline Gel Eyeliner. It's fantastic, stays put and if you buy the blackest black (and not the charcoal as I recently accidentally did) you will be the happiest cat eyed girl around. The best way to apply cat eyes is to start in the middle of your eye and with small strokes as close to your lash line as possible work your way to the corner. After you've made your way to the corner and have gotten comfortable with your application move the line to the inner corner. Continue your line either angling up or following the natural line of your eyes beyond the corner, then add a little triangle and fill that little guy in. Voila!


7. Add mascara and then, voila! Throughout this tutorial I am wearing Alima Pure Lipbalm in Rhubarb, it smells delicious and minty, moisturizes and the subtle colour is wonderful.

I'm really pleased with all of the Alima Pure products I received, the foundation goes on smoothly and stays on throughout the day and I've only a few times found it sitting on my face in a powdery way (spritzing with my rose toner helped with that though). The colour matching for my pale skin is ideal and I can't heap enough praises upon them for their pretty eyeshadow and lip pigments. On top of all their brilliant products they are a homegrown (from Portland), cruelty free and environmentally friendly company. Visit them here, Alima Pure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! I do my best to respond to all of your thoughtful comments on your blogs, I apologize in advance if this is not always done in the most timely manner! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails