Monday, March 21, 2011

Patti Smith Supermoon

dance studio



paintings

paintings





dance studio

Some very warm and sunny photos from the studio! These were taken after I fell on the street and scraped my knee like a five year old and before I shook hands with a (my) most beloved Patti Smith. Yes, friends, I shook the hand of the magnificent Patti Smith and not only that but she said my name. This weekend we went to a beautiful photo exhibition of Judy Linn's portraits of Patti Smith and there she was! There is not one celebrity who I can think of that would make me feel the way I felt when I saw her (OK maybe not so, Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett I think would have me feeling pretty gnarly), it was like somebody punched me in the stomach! When my girlfriend suggested that I introduce myself (as most of our party had already done) I teared up and put my head down because I, well, I don't know why but the thought overwhelmed me (I'm not a teary person really, I can't remember the last time I shed a proper tear so this was especially confusing to me). As the night drew to an end my friend approached her and before I knew it she was coming my way and saying "Hi Hannah" with a hand extended! I said hi with eyes like this O_O and then mumbled "I love you" and then it was over.

I was planning a little shop update at last with the clothing pictured above, only I stained and ripped the pink dress and the pants while bopping around the studio, rwhoops. I will be updating the shop on Tuesday, however, with other less destroyed apparel!

Hope you all had an opportunity to take a gander at the supermoon this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! I do my best to respond to all of your thoughtful comments on your blogs, I apologize in advance if this is not always done in the most timely manner! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails