Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dolce & Gabbana









I think this might mark the first pure capital F fashion post on this blog since it's inception five years ago! Above are a handful of looks from the nauseatingly enchanting Renaissance inspired FW12 collection from Dolce and Gabbana. This collection has erupted in me the same emotional response that I remember having in highschool after seeing a Chanel presentation on Fashion TV (prompting me then to pick up a couple yards of tulle and start banging away on my mum's sewing machine for the first time). It has been that long since a show absolutely gutted me (Alexander McQueen shows aside). This is my favourite rooms of the Met and my textbook portraits of Tudor family members come to life. In my dreams where I have unlimited funds and skill this is what I sew for myself. This collection makes me want to cry and throw up.


See the whole glorious collection here.


Pictured with Jan Brueghel - Flowers in a Vase, Botticelli - Primavera, Quentyn Metsys - Elizabeth I & Nicholas Hilliard - Elizabeth I.


In other (related I think) news it is almost time again for The Borgias and Cesare's tight leather pants!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! I do my best to respond to all of your thoughtful comments on your blogs, I apologize in advance if this is not always done in the most timely manner! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails