Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FW Part 4: Leith Clark



Leith Clark by Frederic Aranda



Leith Clark (stylist and editor-in-chief of Lula) has been a long time girl crush of mine and I have a sneaking suspicion I'm not the only one who has entertained daydreams of parading through London in shamelessly girly outfits arm in arm with this talented young lady. After years of internet correspondence and me leaving (possibly creepy?) "i like u" style comments on various social networking sites we finally met in person for an Orla Kiely video shoot she was styling. I promise you internet, she is every bit as lovely and charming as the magazine she is responsible for. She is Lula personified!

1. What was your first fashion-related creation?

I made clothes with my mom when I was little. She did the actual making. I did the imagining. Around the same time my dress up box was vital for play time and many plays/music videos/short films were made with pretty... special costume design.


At 19 shot by Jennifer Sargent


2. What or who inspires you?

Right now especially Jeanne Lanvin and Armand Albert Rateau, Julia Margaret Cameron, Sarah Moon... I adore Gloria Steinem, Coco Chanel. I'm staring at the original poster for 'Bonnie & Clyde' (a Valentine's Day present!!). I'm listening to the new Marianne Faithfull album (especially song 2).


Photo by Yelena Yemchuk






3. Biggest sartorial blunder?

Oh lots. I couldn't choose just one. But mistakes are great. Mistakes make the girl! Looking back I think i have dressed the worst when I've been unhappy or... not felt like myself.





4. What job/project would you consider "a dream come true"?

There have been so many already! Lula is still happy after 6 years and that's dreamy.




5. Any advice to those wishing to follow in your footsteps?

Love what you do. Learn balance. Take rests. Trust your instincts.

Leith's Magazine Lula


In Review: Elvia / Nicole / Tara-Lynn / Kathryn / Alexandra / Kelsey / Victoire / Wray


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! I do my best to respond to all of your thoughtful comments on your blogs, I apologize in advance if this is not always done in the most timely manner! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails